Chanel Ombre D'Eau Eye Shadow: Joint Review with A Touch of Blusher

From my earlier post on Back-to-School part 3, I have briefly blogged about one of my favorite makeup pieces of all time; Chanel Ombre D'Eau eye shadows. This time, I would like to elaborate a little bit more. This review, however, is a special joint review with A Touch of Blusher, who is kind enough to provide alternative perspectives and a great insight on this product. It is my pleasure to collaborate with A Touch of Blusher on Chanel Ombre D'Eau eye shadows.

Chanel Ombre D'Eau is a shimmering eye shadow in a form of liquid powder. #20 Fountain is in baby pink and #10 Glacier is light blue. The liquid eye shadow dries relatively fast as soon as you settle the color on the skin. It transforms into eye shadow powder easily after it is applied onto the skin. The colors are shimmering, light and bright. The subtle shimmer reflects with the light nicely from different angles. You can make your own way to be more playful. The more you blend with fingertips, the sheerer the color becomes. On the other hand, if you let dry without blending down the color, it looks more subtlely intense.

#20 Fountain and #10 Glacier are light colors, and more to the cool tone. These two shades have a silver undertone. I enjoy applying it all over the eyelids to keep the base light and illuminating, then brushing on a pressed eye shadow in darker shades. My favorite combination is Fountain (baby pink) with chocolate brown for a warm tone and Glacier (light blue) with midnight blue for a cool tone. The liquid texture has an even-out effect on the skin. It minimalizes the fine lines around my eyes. And it lasts well to let my eyes sparkle the whole day.

Honestly, I found myself tempted to purchase all the other shades of Chanel Ombre D'Eau eye shadows. All other colors are also very wearable and "collectible." Please feel free to check out A Touch of Blusher's review to get different opinions and insights on her beautiful Chanel Ombre D'Eau eye shadow in Bay (#50).

5 comments:

i♥make-up said...

Wow, the colors r strikingly gorgeous, I love ur blog, very pretty and well written!!

Come and check out my blog as well!!!

http://iheartmake-up.blogspot.com

xoxo

Beauty Anonymous said...

Hello I♥M·A·C

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate your support!

I sure will check out your blog as well!!!

Cheers,
BA

Anonymous said...

Like you I absolutely adore them. I gave in and bought quite a few. I have 5 of them. Sand is my absolutely favourite.

Beauty Anonymous said...

Hi there:

I absolutely understand why you collect 5 of them. Chanel Ombre D'eau eye shadow provides beautiful and practical shades from cool to warm tones. Sand is also such a pretty color. I guess eventually I'll collect more and more of them.

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comment! I am so sorry for the late response.

Cheers,

BA

Anonymous said...

curry shoes
spongebob kyrie 5
supreme clothing
chrome hearts online store
curry shoes
kd shoes
off white outlet
supreme hoodie
golden goose francy
golden goose